Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Musings and photos


























































I won't mention the current weather- just to say quickly I thought we were out of the winter woods since it was April. That's a big joke!





Also, I will mention the frozen 4 starts tomorrow. GO MAINE BLACK BEARS!

Latest projects:

I managed to convince myself (writing is a wonderful tool to decide what it is you want) that I should try the travel journal, and I had a blank board book that's like 8x8 so I am putting some color on the pages and doing up the front title page so I can take it with me. I am also putting together a small box of supplies -my Adventure Box. Hard for me to limit supplies because I tend to go overboard, but I will/must control myself because my suitcase only holds so much. I know I can leave the clothes behind, but then everyone might compalin how smelly I get, or I'll complain of the same old clothes. So art supplies unfortunately will need to be to a minimum. I am also trying to get those travel supplies together since if I don't, it will be the night before we leave, and after working all that day and having to pack and do the last of laundry for those needed clothes and all the other "stuff" that goes with getting off- I won't put my adventure box together--so I want to be prepared.

I am also making a fun project called "Dogs Travel Light". It is a small lunchbox turned into a suitcase (which I am in the middle of making). Inside are some handmade postcards that tell the story of Harley, my dog, and his wish to travel on vacation with us. I have completed almost all of the postcards- and will post them once done and photographed.

Definately been in a story in a box type mood for the last few months. Funny how we go through different phases with our art, like our lives, which say something about where we are and who we are at the time. I'm not certain why the box for me now- do I feel boxed in? Am I trying to let a part of me out? Do I want life to be more contained? Some other blog day I may muse over those questions.

Todays photos: I made I book back a month or 2 ago about my house and my family. I found a cool blank board book shaped like a house, and I wanted to record in an altered type scrap book about what its like to be in my family and in my house right now. I love photography- so the book is packed with it, and to organize it those photos but not be too anal- I took the general theme of the seasons- starting with winter and xmas. But I through a few other pages in just to make it not to predictable- or at least I think those pages do that. Enjoy!

No comments: