Tuesday, May 8, 2007

New Header

Playing around with headers since I was tired of the canned one from this web site. Not sure I love the one I have- but I like it. What I really need up there is a piece of art, but its all part of the leaning curve. Also playing with my name- BioGal or BioArtGal. Not sure which is better since I am such a split personality- 1/2 of me is so scientific-biological- half of me is a sensitive artist- looking for beauty. Actually I think the biology part is that I love nature and how it works- but I am very visual- which makes something like natural history so appealing to me. Not exactly a small detail scientist though- that doesn't make me happy. However- my art is more about small details- isn't that strange? As I get older I am definately getting more artistic in temperment and getting more and more visual- or maybe its doing all the art that is just bringing out my visual sense. Anyhow, I love to analyse, and suppose I could be doing my work here at school rather than that. But I am so renewed inside right now- started up a project yesterday after work- scrap booking some of my Ireland photos. I love my scrap booking- its more like making a story book- and my style is NOT 12 x 12 paper or all the latest stickers. I love paint, photos, writing- the details to be complete. I think me work is definately me- rough, a bit messy but bursting with stories. (Do I give myself too much credit?) I love to make my pages more textured and 3D- though someday I will perfect the layering technique. It feels so good to have something up and going again- since in April I seemed to sink into a late winter hole- then the trip came and that consumed me so I really did very little new art that month. Now I'm back on a roll- Ireland pictures, Bryce, Grand Canyon and Chicago need to be printed or turned into a book. I am really antsy to get back into sewing too- haven't done a sewing book since December and the quilt I started needed to be backed and finished. Oh the ideas are flowing like some of the rivers around here after the big storm a few weeks back- flooding every recess of my head.

No comments: