Thursday, June 21, 2007

Start of summer

Start of summer today at 2:06 p.m.- wow. Start of our job as a Lake Host today. Hope its a good job! Certainly keeping weeds out of lakes is a valuable thing, and I am looking forward to it.

Had book club the other day- always is fun to get together but we 've been having an issue getting together regularly- not sure if a schedule will work- am thinking about quitting after all these years but still like to see the people I don't usually see and to get out occasionally with the girls.

Speaking of books-this one- Mixed Media Mosiacs by Laurie Mika is awesome. My order from Amazon came the other day and it inspired me to make clay tiles yesterday. See my other photos for my tiles, stamps and general mess. Always made beads when I played with clay, and this is so much fun- spent the whole morning yesterday making these awesome tiles- still want to paint and metalicisized them...another day when I have play time. Maybe put together one of those awesomemosiacs she shows in her book- check them out. Highly recommended.

Later- it now 1:30 PM, home from day one of work- only had 3 boats so did quite a bit of reading and talked with a boy who wandered over, he was a pretty smart kid. Dropped Katie off in Wolfeboro for her afternoon-evening appointment, and now I am here by myself- til someone comes homes which might be pretty late since Dave in Westfield, MA. Right now I need a nap, but then will decided what to do...

Maybe a movie, maybe scrap book, maybe paint tiles...











No comments: