Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My House Project-Photos-Part I


Here's a few pages from my house book project- yahoo-finally finished something- which I started back in early July.

The theme was originally Grandma's house, but it grew to more of big picture of common emotions all women go through at various points during their lives.
But I'll still call it Grandma's House- in honor of my Nana (whom I miss very much by the way) and my MorMor (well it should be FarMor), my Swedish Grandma on Dad's side. I never got to know her as well since she passed away when I was 7.

1) This page is the Diva page. I made the whole book by taking oversized playing cards and cutting them into a house shape. Then I glued down fabric and sewed the edges for extra hold. Now I was ready to play!
2)This page is made by glueing down some writing fabric. Then I stamped the woman (great old Hero Arts) on transparent acetate, cut her out and glued her onto white cloth and cut out. Attach. Stamp a few phrases and cover with white mesh. Add diamond sparklies to the left and on the right, I colored a strip with a sharpie, put down this thick Diamond Glaze type of material (name??? dried to a clear embellishment and thicker than Diamond Glaze) and then while wet I dropped in some Judikins Rox in clear. (Great texture I think)
I topped it all with this filgree embellishment and a silver/gray ribbon bow. See the details below.

















3) This page to the left is the back of the book. The sun is painted with Golden Acrylics, the tree is made of tyvec (???? other name) painted and the leaves are green dimensional fabric paint. The chicken is actually a small piece of fabric attached and outlined with a Sharpie. There is trim on the bottom (ric-rac glued with Diamond Glaze- my favorite-most everything is glued with it!), flowers are made from bingo pieces and also a flower trim which I cut apart to get the black eyed susans. Sunflower charms are in each bottom corner.








4)Now below is the art page- as all woman create something from their lives. What I liked about this page was the metal word band at the top made from green wire and word charms ( see the details)- I glued the metal charms to hold it in place. Also, I took Staz-On and white fabric and used some Hero Arts cloth sample stamps to make the 3 cloth pieces. The ABC are also Hero Arts stamps stamped onto a transparency and glued, the sewing model is a Dawn Houser stamp and there is a crocheted embellishment I bought from Speckled Egg- check out the website. Also from them, the scissor charm.









More to come when I have some more time! Enjoy!

No comments: