Saturday, February 2, 2008

New years resolutions revised

Ok, a short note. My New years resolution was to do an art "thing" a month. Not just do art, but submit something, or push my limits like doing a swap or a class. What I hope to keep up with. So far, so good, and I feel good pushing myself out of the little make art room where everything stays.
Last year I did the museum a month- and I did really well with it making it most months. Museum was for most part an established place but sometimes something more broad-like a national historic park or art exhibit. I wanted to try to keep up with it again this year- as I enjoyed it so much, and it was a really good personal change, not just something to check off a list. This January never got anywhere- but that tends to happen in winter when it seems so much harder to get out of the routine and go places. This month, going to London, I expect to more than make up for that.
But had a new idea. Been wanting to reread some books that I loved, classics often, like some Jane Austen, Bleak House by Dickens...Is that really a thing you should try to do each month to make your life better...since I do read a lot. Weird rereading a book, like when I reread Wuthering Heights or Accidental Tourist, or last year, when I got 1/2 way through Love in the Time of Cholera. (I should finish that off). Sometimes the books seem so different from when I originally read them. Not that the story is different, but what I visualize, how I feel, where it puts me. Guess that's age speaking.
Maybe won't make it a monthly attempt, but will try to read them. Maybe some Jane Austen on the plane. That is always a good read, all 3 or 4 times I reread Pride and Prejudice I loved it.

No comments: