Monday, June 16, 2008

The final stretch

Yes that's right- only 1 1/2 more days with the kiddies.
We love summer. Sleeping later, morning walks, reading lots of book, doing lots of art, playing outside...resting, relaxing, putting the brain and body right!
Speaking of summer reading...

Friday night was a great Dr. Who about Agatha Christie. I also had recently read that book about her and her husband's time at the archeology digs in the Middle East- Come Tell me How You Live- a month or so ago. Both of those have got me ready to reread some of her mysteries. I've got a big box of them sitting up in the attic-they're old, some from the 70's when I was a teenager. And Katie had borrowed 3 which were in her room and which I grabbed. Last night I started reading: Endless Night. Can't say I remember a lot of it from whenever I read it before but 60 pages into it (read for 30ish minutes before lights out)I am hooked. Maybe this needs to be an Agatha Christie summer. We'll see as I read more of this book and maybe a few others to curb my appetite from some good old fashioned British Mysteries. Plus, its so much fun to reread and take a trip back in time-both my memory lane type thing and also decades past in England.

No comments: