Friday, July 11, 2008

I switched into summer mode



Went kayaking in Merrymeeting Marsh today with my friend Joanne. I love kayaking in the marsh, and today was especially fantastic. It was warm but a bit overcast, so it was comfortable was our 2 1/2 hour trip. Saw tons of blue herons, damselflies, red winged blackbirds...just amazing. The pickerel weed was in full purple bloom and the white lilly pads as you can see. And we only passed 1 boat, a guy in a canoe fishing near the boat ramp. I was SOOOOOOOO relaxed when I got through, and it really felt like I'd switched over to summer mode. Was one of those unexpectedly magical trips. (Although the marsh is my favorite place to kayak-I love to meander in there!) Stopped for lunch at Johnson's afterwards- had a small fried oyster dinner (although there is no R in July and we're not suppose to eat oysters then, are we?) and in one there was this hard piece and I pulled it out of my mouth and it ended up being a tiny pearl. Pretty cool actually. Never has happened to me before, and probably never will again.

No comments: