Thursday, July 10, 2008

Permission to stay home


You know, its obvious I work. When at work, I'm desperate to stay home and do art. When I don't need to work, I think about how I should go out for the day and not just sit home. How sitting home is bad, what my mother's generation did and how I'm so different. But down deep, I want to stay home. I want to play in my studio. Its ok not do something wow and crazy-its summer, dewind time. Especially after a busy week. (Work Monday, Tires,movie and shopping Tuesday, Yesterday afternoon Katie and I met up with 2 friends- saw Hancock (love that movie), shopped at TJ Maxx-and I actually bought clothes- and did dinner. Granted I hung out all morning...) So today, I will stay home and putter. Bake some brownies. Play some more in my studio, sit ont he screen porch and read more of the 4 letter countries (I'm in Chad). Tonight I have to go out to drawing anyhow- but haven't been in 3 weeks and am excited to be back.
So its ok to play. Its ok to do nothing, it doesn't make me my mother who never goes out (how can she do that).
And especially enjoy this FANTASTIC weather today since the humidity dropped.

No comments: