Sunday, September 14, 2008

A week has wizzed by


Wow- Is it already Sunday? The end of a fast weekend-a whole week since I lost posted. Where does time fly?

Of course it was a full 5 day school week- like my year so far- not a super stressful start of the year- my kind of start.


Had drawing on Monday night-did a really sexy picture of 2 people-sexier than the photo I drew- as Dawn my teacher said- I gave the drawing some gestault. Had Katie's open house Thursday night (went alone as Dave was out of town) and got to meet her teachers- which is always a fun thing to do- especially when I don't have to be the teacher and on. Got my haircut Tuesday after school, did a little bit of scrapping...napping...getting up at 5 a.m. is tough but I must say Katie driving herself and us not having to rush out to the bus makes a HUGE difference in my life.

Today I made a bunch of cards-this is a busy time of year coming up with birthdays, etc. Also made a few tiles, want to try putting some of them on a mini artquilt, not sure if it'll work but have to do a few with pre-punched sewing holes, if it works, I'll make more. If not, no big loss. Enjoyed having an art day though...really needed it. I need to do art every day, and I can skip a day, but...too many and I start going crazy. I did go to my favorite craft store FRiday after school, which was a blast, got a couple of Christmas stamps and the new Ali Edwards Mini album book and the love Elsie recipe cards. Not much else, was actually a low spending trip. I did sign up for another clay class in October- this is a silver metal clay class-have been curious about that material and now I'll get to check it it.

Oh yes, and you're asking about the photo I took off the internet...February vacation, we'll be in Paris for a good chunk of the week. Made our hotel reservations this past week, and made the flight over Labor Day- we'll be flying into London, cheaper tickets, but I wanted to take the train to Paris-through the chunnel, and that's what we're going to do. Can't wait. Been watching some travel shows on Paris-like I said- Can't wait.

No comments: