Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Week Big Bow Awards


Give these 2 items the big Bow Holiday vacation award-Two great items for your head to indulge in when your waistline has eaten as many cookies and desserts as possible:

1-great movie-Milk- the story of Harvey Milk the first gay elected official in the US- it was excellent and Sean Penn with James Franco and several others all did excellent jobs in the film. I am a historical story buff and that one really hits the nail on the head- especially with bits and pieces I can actually remember from the news as a teenager. (Scary thought- this movie is set when events actually occured in 1977-1978 when I was Katie's age. She and I discussed this as we left the movie).
2-great read- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson. This is a well written detective story with interesting characters set in Sweden-which is interesting for me since 3 of my Grandparents came from there. Haven't quite finished reading it-hoping to do that tonight- and unless the ending bombs out I recommend this book.

No comments: