Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just posting some more photos

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
Today we visit Le Louvre-closed Tuesdays remember. Its a gorgeous day here in NH but wasn't so sunny in Paris that day.
Photos include-
1. I don't know the artist (but I could look it up in Rick Steves) but this huge painting is on the wall opposite of the rather tiny Mona Lisa.
2. In one part of the Louvre are many French artifacts including this very cool fireplace mosaic and the mirror above. I love the reflection of Katie in the mirror over it.
3. The Louvre is in one of the Palaces along the Seine- the main one before Versailles but I'm not very helpful since I can't tell you the name off the top of my head...but its next to the Tulleries. Its gigantic! Looking out the window you can see these statues which were along the roofline.
4. Us in line to go into the museum.
5. Once you go inside to main lobby you can look up into the famous glass pyramid. That's what I have shown here.

No comments: