Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crescent City CA-unedited and now a few edited too



These top 2 photos are the new edited ones that I played with last night while I watched Ghost Hunters International.



So on our trip we visited Redwood National and State Parks (they're kind of combined) on the very northern coast of CA. We drove into Crescent City to get some lunch, and the sun disappeared and the coastal fog appeared. So here's some unedited photos-most of these are the Battery Point Lighthouse- there's a view out from the beach, the lighthouse itself, a window into the private residence here and the boueys hanging outside of the lighthouse. the other photo is a Tsunami sign...after the Alaskan Earthquake in 1964 (I think 1964, but don't quote me on that date), a tsunami hit here. Me, being the science geek too, had to have a tsunami warning sign. You see signs up and down the CA coast, we don't have signs like that here in New England, though I think we could get one, maybe, if some huge cliff face fell off into the ocean-but we're not on the edges of plates, like the CA coast is.
Guess what its doing here in NH?-pouring again. Got to turn up the tv its raining so hard. Today I walked the mall with Katie- good exercise and kept me cool in the AC-though I did walk with the dog this morning-but humidity is here. Makes my ankles hurt- wonder why? Anyhow, hope you enjoy those unedited photos.






No comments: