Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kiln shopping



Photos of the Day: Approaching San Francisco
--------------------------------------------------------
I've taken a few classes and have done some playing around with PMC and bronze and copper clay. I've been looking at kilns and trying to figure out what to get. I wish there was a kiln with digital control for like $350-400. I'm not planning on going into business and making mass amounts of clay jewelry, but, it would be fun to be able to make a batch when you need it or want something. Plus its so cool and fun.
So today, Katie couldn't join a big group of friends going to Funtown in Maine because she had to work until 11 (she wanted to work for the cash but she really wanted to go with her friends), so when she got home from work she and I went to Maine ourselves and I went kiln shopping/questioning and then we went to Freeport and went shopping-a fun roadtrip for us and something we've been talking about doing for awhile now. It didn't clear out until afternoon anyhow, just muggy and overcast, and by the time we got to LL Beans/Freeport the crowds were thinning out so we had a great shop. It ended up being a good day for us! Not that we bought all that much, but a few bargains each, and I got some more Bronzeclay 9so much cheaper than PMC-the Bronzeclay is $20 for 100g verses like $70 for 25 grams- and a new purse which I've been keeping my eyes open for for awhile now. Gotta love it!

No comments: