Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Roadtrip Saturday



This is the great knitting store I discovered last Saturday. My college roomate from way back when, Lorrie, had been here before, and she and I love to knit-so a few weeks ago she suggested I come down for a visit and then we take a road trip. So we did, and this store is FANTASTIC. Bought myself some yarn to make a couple of sweaters (1 was from the back room where yarn is marked down- a Noro silk garden stash enough to do a sweater all for $60) and then some of their own yarn to make  Rowan sweater- I love Rowan sweaters- though I must admit I wouldn't or couldn't wear a lot of them- but I love their books and I love their design style. Webs own brand is really reasonably priced for wool- around $6 a skein, so even that sweater was reasonable, and you get a 25% discount when you spend $120, which I easily did- went over the budget I did. Right now I am working on the Fair Isle pattern from the Rowan #46 magazine....I haven't done a sweater in ages- been doing more easy knitting- and I must say I am ready and excited to get back into the harder stuff...like I used to be before Katie was born and I wasn't spending so much Mom time...and last Saturday was a gorgeous 60ish day with sun, the perfect day to take a trip from Boston to Western Mass where Web's is, and around Boston where Lorrie lives...I thoroughly enjoyed seeing her and having a great girls yarn trip...must plan another one (at least a see Lorrie day) soon. (and this should explain why I was so stressed out and nothing done last Sunday since we weekend got cut short...though I have the cleanest kitchen right now from my Sunday thought it would take 30 minutes and turned into 3 hour cleaning job)

No comments: