Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ice Storm-1 year later


Here's some photos from last year's (2008) ice storm. We went from Friday- Tuesday without power- and we were sooooo lucky- some people went almost 3 weeks without power- and we at least had a woodstove to heat with. Even my 79 year old Mom spent the whole time in her basement familyroom with her fireplace running. Trees were down (down in Massachusetts where my family is, there were huge piles (I bet 8 feet tall) everywhere in every yard at Easter when people could finally get out and clean up broken branches and trees- since we got a lot of snow shortly after the storm too) and lots of people couldn't even get out very easily. It was tough times, so I'll will mark the anniversary with some of the photos I took.

Anyhow- last night a few of us girls went down to Somerville, MA-right next to Boston, to go see this burlesque parady of the Nutcracker called the Slutcracker. Clever and creative- the first part was enjoyable and the second part needed a bit of work to keep my attention, but anyhow, it was a fun night out for dinner at a diner and this dance performance with 4 of my good friends from school. I'd say it was an adventure evening, that's for sure. I'd never been to this area before, its right next to Tufts University, and it was very attractive. The trees in the square we were at had white lights and except that the arctic wind has made its way into NH and MA, it was a great night to be out doing a bit of holiday cheering.

No comments: