Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday at work

A quiet afternoon here at school- I have last block of the day to prep and I can't say I'm very ambitous. Actually, would love a nap, but I am off to speak to some Education students at UNH later this afternoon so naps are not on my agenda. Too bad too. So yesterday we committed to a new kitchen project ASAP- our frig is on its last legs and we found a floor model of this super spiffy refigerator really reasonable so we bought it, and its coming next week, so this weekend- without the bathroom being done, we need to move some cabinets over a bit to have room for a frig- I just hope Dave  isn't kidding when he says it won't be too aweful- and I hope these cabinets aren't glued to the wall which would be a disaster right now!!!! Especially since my bathroom still isn't finished and my diningroom is still full of towels, a set of shelves, bags of items...I was hoping for a quiet cleaner and maybe even art weekend (seeing yesterday that was way more limited than I wanted it to be) but I can see that it is not in my cards right now. Not too many complaints though- this is a super super frig and  its far more than we could have bought had it not been a floor model markdown.
Above, the book I am starting to read next...hope to buzz through it before the trip so I can bring something light and airy for the plane...nothing worse than getting 80% through a book and its not enough left of it to make it worth bringing it on a vacation but then you have to leave it and come home to it...I've done it before but its not ideal. I don't like bringing along a new book that you start and can't get into either. Then you're stuck mid-air, and since we're flying to a country I don't speak the language...I might be really stuck. Any suggestions for a good plane book?

No comments: