Sunday, April 25, 2010

Great weekend

I have been having a great weekend- doing lots of domestic and artsy and gardener things. Its nice to be home and chill, I feel so relaxed, and knowing I don't have to go to work tomorrow- its such a good feeling.
I swear these budding leaves are even bigger than they were yesterday. I'll have to check back in yesterday's post, but...and yesterday, I did a whole yard of bark mulch-still need to buy another yard to do my big flower garden- sore this morning but feeling better now...

And today I did a bit of culinary fun...made blondies/butterscotch brownies with chocolate chips...yummy... have this great recipe from this old cookbook I've had forever- the Fannie Farmer Baking book. And I made some pizza dough which we will use for homemade pizza for supper tonight. Haven't had that for a very long time...

And baked some jewelry pieces. Yesterday I fired some bronze clay and it CRUMBLED on me. I think it might not have been fired long enough (?- anyone know) but it had the most fantastic colors. So instead of throwing it all away, I made some pieces and put the bronze down on some polymer clay, as you can see above.  That was today's BIg art project, though I'm doing some scrapping and yesterday I made a few cards...will show you those another day.
And on my spring cleaning list...today's project was to strip my bed and wash blanlets, sheets, dust ruffle, quilt...it'll be sooo nice sleeping there tonight. Got to love clean sheets.
And on my list for this week:
-vaccuum my car
-wash my downstairs curtains to get rid of the dust
-clean my bedroom closet and finish the clothes change over
-watch True Blood-the whole first season
-do more art projects
-do some more cooking
-walk as many mornings as possible
-finish painting my cubbies that I started last fall
Let's see what actually gets done on this list. Especially since it looks like this week might be on the cloudy and damp (not wet please) side. Need to stop now so this list doesn't get any longer!
But I have to mention, I think Katie made her college decision- she'll be a Wildcat at UNH!
And I'm glad she'll be fairly close to home too.

No comments: