Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

And its been a fantastic one for me. I spent many hours in the studio making cards and playing and having a blast. Now I'm making potato, onion and bacon soup, its soooooo cold out today and windy I doesn't feel anything like May. Or at least nothing like we've had for weather recently, so soup and fresh bread is supper tonight. Yummy.
So this cute little gnome is my mother's day gift. I'd seen them at Costco with Katie and she wouldn't let me buy one, even though she liked my idea about putting one in the yard and moving him around- a roaming gnome. So I mentioned it to Dave and he laughed too. Little did I know that they had already bought me a gnome for Mother's day. So now I have my roaming gnome and get to move him around my yard, which will be fun. It kind of goes back to my love for the movie Amelie- which has a traveling gnome, and Travelocity- which advertises with a travelling gnome, and me, with travel addiction, well it fits, doesn't it?

And just to add some art back to this blog, here's one of the many cards I made today. I bought these Stampendous stamps yesterday at Absolutely Everything, which dave let me make a quick (only 30 minutes) stop at on our travels. Of course I let him go to West Marine (only 30 minutes too) and we did go to the Kittery Trading Post and got me my fishing pole for the boat. When I catch the BIG fish, I can show you. Back to the stamps, I love this series, and this one which is full of blooming lavender fields, reminds me of southern France, not that there were any blooming lavender fields in February, but I can DREAM about it, and I did find a postcard that showed how great that looks. Oh one day I'll go back and get to see the lavender in bloom. I hope.
More cards coming this week.
Hope you Mother's Day is wonderful too, and tell your mother you love her!

No comments: