Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beautiful Saturday

Its like SUMMER- well it is almost summer. Monday is the first day of that season- officially that is. Today just is a perfect summery day. And I am so excited to go out for a boating adventure today. Not sure about where we'll end up, but we're heading out into Great Bay/Little Bay near Portsmouth- that is if Dave can get his truck started to tow the boat-since he first thought it was a dead battery but now its not taking a charge. But the good news-Got an early walk in this morning, Cornish Heritage Farm rubber stamps has their fantastic ATC line on sale now (had to buy a couple and even better, had a rewards coming so it made my order even cheaper), and next week work wraps up before a well needed vacation and down time.
So today's picture is from boston.com. Its the last weekend of Laconia Bike Week, and even though I did not go over to the Weirs where this photo is taken, I can imagine this is how it will look. You can hear the bikers out on Route 11 which is about 1 mile away and goes straight into Laconia. Even now at 8 a.m. you can hear them as bikes cruise around Lake Winnepesaukee and the whole area with side trips down to the coast. I have been to Bike Week in years past, we go out and watch the bikers because it can be quite the show. Dave has a bike liscense but doesn't have a bike now. I should go to motorcycle school myself as I have a couple of good friends who ride and it'd be fun to go with them. Laconia I believe is the oldest bike week in the nation (not the biggest- I believe that is Sturgis, SD- several years ago we went to Sturgis like the day before bike week started there and it was already a wild and crazy scene), but its a right of summer passage around this part of the world.
And the other good news is today's watery adventure is calming down my travel need just a bit- ok, who am I kidding? I was thinking about where to go this summer as I walked this morning- maybe Montreal-that's not too too far of a drive.
Oh well, have a fantastic Saturday! Bikers, ocean or not!

No comments: