Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Great Satuday

Its been a great day. Made some cards, went to the  annual sale at Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor,NH with Katie who wanted to go with me this year (YAHOO),  came home and put in my veggie garden and puttered around in my flowers, and then Dave took Katie and I to Pop's Clam Shell in Alton for dinner-had some YUMMY onion rings which I'd been craving.
You can see my stash that I bought today in Center Harbor. Got some yarn, a couple of knitting books and some fabric. They had fat quarters at 10 for $10 and still had the stuff a bag with scraps for $5. The yarn I bought was marked down to $4.99 and then got 30% off (just need a few skeins to make another fair isle).  I love this sale, its fun. There's the quilting maniacs who are there-that actually sleep the night before in the parking lot to be there early, the women digging through BAGS of scrap fabrics.  I love to dig through boxes of scrap fabric and see what I find in the sale tent. I love to stuff bags with fabric...Such fun!! But I'm not a quilting maniac. I don't buy boxes of scraps and I wait and go at noontime when the morning crowds are thinning out. And I still find great things. Now I'm ready for some summer projects!

No comments: