Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rainy Sunday too!

Its a dark and damp Sunday morning, relaxing though  I do miss the sun. It'll be back tomorrow-they say- of course- since its a work day. I must say though only 5 1/2 days of kids left and then 2 work days for me until summer vacation. YAHOO! I'm ready!
Here's a couple of cards I made yesterday morning. About a month ago I bought the glimmer mist sea set of stamps because they do have these great giant sized stamps I like, and this shell is one of my favorites in the set. The crab and the grass are pretty nice too, well, they're all pretty nice actually.  I've never used the actual mists before, they look cool but I hate to try even one because then I start buying a lot of them and after awhile they all sit on the shelf not being used. Well, more than likely. Its happened with Copic markers,not the sitting on the shelf part because I love using markers so I don't expect they will sit on the shelf but you buy a couple to try and then you need a lot of them because the few you have just isn't enough. And the colors! Color is a big candy attraction to me. Like in a fabric or yarn store or paint store...love love love color. And I like to use color too. So my cards and color, one is more traditional ocean colors and the other is what I think of as Florida ocean colors, don't know why- this one I also accented the shell with some Glossy Accents which show a bit here in the photo.
So I made a sour cream coffee cake this morning which is cooling in my kitchen right now and smells so yummy. I'm going to (hopefully) cut out some 8 inch squares to make the base for an Alice in Wonderland wall quilt (found some fat quarters in an Alice print at the sale I went to last Saturday), need to do some cards for people and want to make some cards, hopefully will vac my car and the basement today, tonight put some of my cleaning out items up on eBay...and will probably take a long nap. Not sure how much of that will actually get done, but the beauty of this time of year is with vacation coming so soon, if it doesn't get done, there will be time later. Also, the longer days (got to love it!!!) seem to keep you moving longer. At least me.
Happy Sunday!


No comments: