Friday, November 19, 2010

Absolutely Fabulous Day Out

These are my 2 favorite items at the Chinese/Forbidden Palace exhibit at the Peabody Essex Museum. I went with my friend Vicky today, and it was a FANTASTIC day out. We talked and talked and talked and then talked some more, had lunch at the museum and people watched a lot. The exhibit we saw was fantastic, the wall mural at the topic was one of my favorites...there was even a little film to show how it was restored...and the screen from above of the water lilies was my other favorite. There was another silk painting of the emporer (1700's) and his children which I also really liked. So I am going to have a palace for my retirement-or as the emporer called it - for exhaustion from diligent service. LOVE that!
Another great thing- too out my Country Candles Mistletoe candle and am burning it and it SMELLS like Christmas tree and just fantastic-I am so REFRESHED and REVIVED right now it is fantastic!