Friday, December 10, 2010

COLD isn't the RIGHT word

Its FREEZING!  So COLD!!! 6.8 degrees Farenheit. BRRRRRRRRRR. FRIGID! I just want to stay in bed and pull up the covers. But its FRIDAY! HOORAY!   Tomorrow I can stay snuggled up in bed. Just what I want to do when its dark and colder than cold.
So back to my altered book project and a few more pages to show you. The pointsettia page is a tag I did. I started by stamping a Darcie's flower several times in 3 different colors. I then took some Memories Ochre ink and distressed the tag. I added  2 rows of some Martha Stewart punched trim and some actual fabric trim. I found some older 7Gypsies cloth tags which I used on both pages. The big poinsettia is Penny Black. I added the words. The Notre Dame is from a B Line stamp which I stamped on brown paper and cut out the Cathedral. The bells are layers of the image stamped in different inks and also colored- by Paper Artsy. The Joyeux page has an Oxford Impression stamp of the Hotel du France, a cut-out from I think an Art-Chix image sheet. The tag is Oxford Impressions stamped on grey and distressed with some red. The little red poinsettia's are older Making Memories stickers and the black border and leaves on the tag poinsettia are Hot Off the Press stickers. There's some Prima  and some Making Memories bling and the big pearl brad is Making Memories. Whew! Did I forget anything?
So time for work...time to venture out of my cozy fleece bathroom (as big a shock as rolling out of bed) and then out to my COLD car.STAY WARM!