Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Its that Holiday Season!

December first-The season for holidays is officially here! Well, it was here for Thanksgiving, and actually for Halloween...boy...from late October through the first of January its a busy theme time. And with winter closing in...we've had NO snow yet here in my part of New Hampshire but I think its coming...its just a matter of time...yesterday it was a balmy 44-45 ish  degrees outside and I took my ecology classes out-that's out twice for me...and enjoyed being out in the light and fresh air for a bit. Plus got some walking in...which is really needed right now. Thank goodness for holiday lights as it seems to be dark all the time lately...or cloudy...last night it was 4:11 driving home from work and it was actually dark...not pitch dark but dark...and it was pitch dark by 4:30. Eeeks!  So I have a cranky cat stalking around the house as its too cold for him to go out...or too cold for his liking since its really not all that cold-(high 20's, low 30's...)
So today's card is one of my favorites! I'm not really one for cutesy people stamps but I LOVE this stamp by Penny Black. Just HAD to HAVE it! And I'm very happy with this card too- paper is the new Basic Grey collection-Marjolaine. Snowflakes are a Martha Stewart punch, the postal stamp is from Hampton Arts-MAYBE- its an older clear stamp set, but I love postage style stamping...anyhow...this card even photographs fantastically. I used some fluffy sparkly powder for the snow-its called Sparkley Fluff from Our Craft Lounge...and it does look like powdery freshly fallen snow...how pretty...but I DON'T want it.
But it is December and I do want some for Christmas because we need a White Christmas...but that's all in my view of the world.
And before I sign off- this is my 1000th post- a HUGE milestone I want to mention. WOW. That's a lot of me babbling on, isn't it?
So Happy December...start your month off right and smile. (RIGHT NOW- and make it a big one!)