Sunday, January 16, 2011

DayDreaming....

Happy Sunday! Its been a bit hectic here- yesterday I roasted a turkey and some grease spilled and this morning I put the oven on to heat to bake some Trader Joe's croissants for Katie and her gang of friends who slept over and I smoked out the house...even set the smoke detectors off...oh man. Luckily none of the kids have gotten up...that's what happens when they come in at 1 a.m.-college kids...I remember being there myself so many years ago. Plus I'm trying to see the end of the Girl who Played with Fire film which I rented yesterday. I like this movie...a lot...but I loved the books too. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie was good but a bit graphic in the rape scene for my tastes...but this one isn't so bad...
Anyhow...
Here's a card I made with Rogue Redhead rubber stamps...then I added a Hot Off the Press stciker and colored it in...added Distress Stickles to makes the swirls and then I added some more Hot Off the Press stickers to end the swirls pattern. The paper is Basic Grey, as is the edge trim, and the words are also Rogue Redhead. Here's a close up of the swirls and most of the image-colored with Copics.
Anyhow...hoping to make it up to the studio later this morning...yesterday ended up doing chores and cleaning the house a bit...took Katie to her hair appointment (mainly so I could pay...these college kids and us Moms who spoil them) and needed to get groceries...I did get my die cuts and played with them a bit last night...made some cut outs which I now need to work with. One of these days they'll be more studio time...mostly in another week after Katie heads back to school...
Happy day all...make it a good one and
GO PATS!!! Beat the Jets!
GO UMO!!! Beat BC!
(I'll be watching those games this evening!)