Friday, January 28, 2011

I LOVE that it is Friday

So to celebrate another work week winding down, I have a LOVE card for you. This card is a little busier than I usually make, but I've been experimenting and playing, and I'm not unhappy with this card.
This close up shows the details a bit, and this is what I did to make this overflow of love. First I stamped the Hero Arts flower background a couple of times and colored some of the blooms with various Copics. Then I used the "left over" paper from a cupid I cut on the Big Kick to as a stencil to put a few cupids at the top. Then I added the 7Gypsies tape. I took the "left over" paper from a fleur de lis that I die cut. I trimmed around the cut out part to leave just a thin border. That's the dark rosey pink design. It does have some Tim Holtz words stamped on as I stamped the paper and then die cut. I die cut a hear on the same pink paper as the backrgound, outlined it with a black Sharpie and stamped it with the word from an Autumn Leaves love set I have. Attach. Put a heart gemstone on each side and then attach the Prima gemstone swirls.
***
So today we got sun pretty early-snowing when I got up and sun by 10. Had to work after a delay, but it did warm up into the 30's today and it felt so warm...you can tell its been VERY cold lately. Also, you can tell the days are getting LONGER as it is actually so much brighter at 4:15 now than it was a month ago. All this is teasing me for spring...getting me ready for our trip to the desert which is now less than 1 month...can't wait! Came home and worked on my travel journal...nothing to show yet but I painted my cover and did some stenciling and started papering my pages...I've tried different ways to color my pages and some work better than others...depends if you want to write on the page...this time I'm trying paper layering...its fun since I don't usually do a lot of paper layering...I've yet to make a travel journal that 100% wows me...still working on finding what I like...but I still like my journals because 1)they are journals and don't have to be perfect and 2)they are great to have when I get home from the trrip...but practice makes perfect and one day I shall discover what I really like.
Anyhow, it is Friday...teacher work day, our semester ended yesterday...new classes on Monday...second half of the year...wow...and Tuesday next week we move into February...
Happy Day!!!!


No comments: