Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love is in the Air

So last week was not a very productive week in the studio, since I'd come home after work and find my vacationing college daughter at home on the couch with the TV on. It was too easy to flop down and watch it too. Plus, as it was the first week back after a week off, I was doing what I needed to do but not exactly up and running 100% mentally, sthe tv sounded about my speed, and by 9 at night I was ready to sleep. That first week at work in january is always like that. But yesterday I did make a BIG dig into the cleaning/organization project going on up there...and this morning I'm heading up to finish up a bit more- the sun out today makes it a bit easier to feel productive. Right now they're saying a big snow storm Wednesday so we'll see...I might be home for a snow day....which is always a great studio working day. But its only Sunday and so the weather could change drastically between now and then.
Anyhow....these tags are made with the Technique Tuesday Vroom,Vroom set and the matching mini-phrase set. I bought them on their retirement clean-out sale when they were 40% off since they're  sets I'd always liked but never had a specific use for...but then when the sale came up...and I got an idea they make fun Valentine's for my hubby...this is where I went with them.
To make, punch off-white paper with a 3 inch circle punch and then punch colored paper for the back of the each tag. Stamp images on tags. I added the following, road tread and street lights from a Gel-a-tins set I have, and the hanging heart on the dump truck one is from Stampotique. I colored all images with Copic Markers and added the clouds on the plane tag and then filled them with Ranger's white demensional paint. The other hearts (not hanging one) are from the matching word set except for the ones I added to the dump truck which I hand drew in. I edge the circles with a red marker. The silver heart and key are punched from a Martha Stewart punch as are the bottom heart chains (actually a border punch I trimmed). Then I added all the Stickles just to give them some "lovely" zing. Once dry...I punched and put in the eyelets and then the red thread. Oh yea, one other thing, the In It for the Long Haul is a stamp from CHF not Technique Tuesday, but it fits so well here I think. I also think the hubby will get a kick out these...he's not really into cards and my whole hobby-supportive but doesn't quite get it. But he loved his Packard birthday card and I think he'll lvoe these too...they make you laugh a bit which is the best.
Have a happy Sunday...another low key day for me but am Looking Forward to it!