Thursday, February 24, 2011

getting Ready to Flutter Away

We're slowly getting closer to travel day...ok, I can't seem to talk about anything else and that makes me BORING...I know...but I am SOOOOOO excited, you can't even imagine. Well maybe you can. I've spent so many nights this week grading papers to get caught up and doing laundry and then packing...I could use studio time but don't think its gonna happen until we get home. The good news, its Thursday...the bad news, poor Hubby is sick-hopefully its just a cold and not the flu but I'm suspicious its more than a cold. A bummer for him, for sure.
So this card was super easy except for the fact I got carried away with the butterfly and diddled with it too much.
So a made a long card out of red cardstock. Then I cut a sheet of 8x8 paper in half and attached it. I love this paper. Its by DCWV paper and I love this set. So I set eyelets in the corners and then on some white cardstock I stamped the buterfly twice. The first time I cut it out and Copic colored it (both sides) and then glued down only the left wing down. I then cut out the second stamped image from the white cardstock and cut out the middle body. I pasted both individual wings down on the other wings and then colored them with various dimensional pearls and then added dimensional pearls down in a different color to make the body. The antenna are done with a black Sharpie and then outlined in a white pen with a little blob of dimensional pearls down on the end of each antenna and in blue to make butterflies trail. I stamped the word (Stampotique) and then outlined the background paper with the same black Sharpie, et voila! A very simple but sharp (if I say so myself, hee-hee) card. The thing I found tough was what color to make the butterlfy...the redish one may blend in a bit too much, but other colors clashed too much...so I stuck with red.
Oh revoir for today. Enjoy!

No comments: