Sunday, March 13, 2011

Clock Change Sunday

Last night we changed the clocks so today it should be light until almost 7. LOVE it...except tomorrow morning will be a bit tough to get up. And of course, if it rains like they say its going to...it won't be very bright until 7 anyhow.
So to celebrate the next step taking us into spring...I want to show you this card I made the other day.  I bought some of these LaBlanche stamps at my crafts store the other day...they are gorgeous stamps...and they seem to be popping up everywhere. You need to check them out if you haven't yet. They're silicon stamps, not acrylic or rubber, but so much great detail. So this card was made using a piece of dry embossed paper and then putting down this LaBlanche stamps which was stamped on white and then colored with my Copics.  I die cut the postage stamp label, and inked the stamp part and then used Technique Tuesday words (from their retired spring set) and used a B Line stamp for the postmark. Add just a bit of Tim Holtz tape and a few Hero Arts pearls, and you have this springy card.
So yesterday I made a few Asian themed cards and managed to finally clean up and reorganize my bedroom closet, a project waiting since January. Very glad to get it done. I only was able to do all this as I was home alone...Katie's off to Ohio to visit her boyfriend's grandmother and Dave was off driving his mom to Maine. It was nice to have a productive day...and I love it when I can get a big job done that I want to get done.
Anyhow, I'm wanting to show you a few more shots from Death Valley...I take SO many photos its crazy...
But this photo is crazy. These people went to the sandunes in Death Valley and set up their beach chairs and umbrellas...like they were at the beach. What a hoot!
Dave took this photo of me on top of a sand dune...
And here some people left their shoes to run barefoot through the sand.
And finally, this cool piece of "driftwood" laying on the sand.
The dunes were neat- not as big as the ones at the Cape Cod National Seashore...but got to love them.
Happy Sunday all. 

No comments: