Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Simply April Showers-Less is More

I'm going to make a post to the Less Is More Challenge, my first!
This challenge focuses on the sentiment and when I made it I somehow missed the one layer part- I think I goofed...whoops. I did use the white square on the card.
Here's the card I made. I started with yellow cardstock and texturized the stitches along the bottom. Then I cut a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch square of cream cardstock and stamped the sentiment. On the bottom right corner of this square I stamped the edges of the flowers (Crafty Secrets) and colored them with Copics.  On the top left corner I stamped the raindrops with torquoise ink (Technique Tuesday) and first stamped the umbrella (also Technique Tuesday) over the rain. Then I stamped the umbrella on some white paper, cut out the top and colored it with Copics too. By doing this I was able to get the umbrella shaft and handle and give the umbrella a bit of a 3D affect. I then glued it down . The bunny is from the Tweety Jill Easter Parade stamp set. I stamped it on white, colored it and then cut it out and attached it down on the corner. I had to add the bunny not because the card actually needed it but I was making Easter cards and this little guy is just a cute little bunny. Plus, he's holding those May flowers...
We're having April showers at my house today...and since not much is in bloom yet, I'm hopeing for lots of May flowers...but maybe in April.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

You are quite right Erika... this is One Layer Card week!
What a shame that you didn't notice until after you had made this terrific card.
We do try to make the subject of our challenges as clear as possible as it's so irritating to have to search through the fine print to try to find out!
I hope you'll join us next time or even submit another card for this one.
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan said...

A lovely card Erica, great little sentiment xx Jan