Friday, April 29, 2011

Watching the Wedding

Yes, I'm up at 5 a.m. when the coverage started (I think) to watch the Royal Wedding. I'm kind of a sucker for that kind of thing. All the pomp and circumstance, fun.
So yesterday I did a bit of cleaning and made a bunch of cards...it was a day in the studio that I really needed...I always feel better when I get that studio time. I wish people around me would get that...I don't think most of them do. I know its because most of the people around me don't get the same dep satisfaction being in the studio and creating...I must create, its like a part of me. Always have been that way, even if its not in the studio.
So what shall I show you today?
So here-s a card I made yesterday that I love! Its so mch fun. I started with a green background and used some green Adirondack ink to stamp the word Hello (Stampotique). I twice stamped te Daffodil girl (also Stampotique)- once on white paper and once on yellow designed paper-though you can't really tell. I colored both, and used the head from the plain once and the body from the printed paper one. Anyhow, I first put down some tape, then glued this great girl down. A little baker's twine, some flowers with yellow Dimensional paint centers...cute and fun. She looks like she's waving...(maybe a little royal wave-LOL)
Thanks for stopping by! 


14 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great job with the sketch and use of Daffodil girl. Thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Vicki G said...

Sweet! Thanks for playing with us at SDC

Vicki

craftytrog said...

She's delightful Erica! Great card!

Gez Butterworth said...

The Wedding was great wasn't it. :)
I totally get what you are saying about crafting. I feel exactly the same :) Love your card. Great choice of image. Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Willy said...

What a funny and beautiful card! Thanks for joining with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 29.

Maria Sabina R said...

very cute card Erika! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Kaz said...

Fab card Erica! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Hella said...

Lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card with a real springfeeling to it. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Anita said...

Beautiful card.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Love the image you chose for the sketch challenge - it turned out great! Thank you for joining us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!
Cheers,
Val :)

Debbie said...

Great card! Love her "hat"! Awesome and timely!

Sue said...

I love your card Erica. I think this range is really sweet. That's definitely a royal wave :o) x

joanne wardle said...

must get some of that twine. it's the perfect finishing touch to your card
thanks for taking part in the stampotique challenge