Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rainy Sunday

Kind of nice to have a lazy Sunday morning seeing it is cloudy and damp and did rain  a lot last night. More rain today, and maybe in the next few days too.
So I woke up this morning and realized that I only have 3 weeks left until I go back to work and 3 weeks from today Katie movies back to school. I know...no one has sympathy for me, but still means summer has (as usual) flown by and is still flying.
So yesterday went to the Wolfeboro Street Fair. It's an old fashion country fete-a big yard sale and a place to help raise cash for the local hospital. They have a lunch tent, a small carnival, I bought some 1950's knitting books and some old Jacques Cousteau ocean animal books (remember him fromt he 1970's and 1960's?) and some text books for school. Not much else, I guess they didn't have as much donated this year. Was fun though, and then went and hung out at my mother-in-laws and went swimming, but the pond is a bit warm now for the heat-would rather it be cooler. Friday I went to my craft store and bought a few new things...including this great scrapbooking quote/title book  called Inspiration Station by Betsy Flot.
Speaking of books, finished reading the 4th book in the Mistress of the Art of Death series by Arianna Franklin, and found out the poor author passed. And this book was left hanging....oh poor me....though at least I am alive so I don't mean to sound so shallow. Now I'm reading  Bill Bryson's a Short History of Nearly Everything- he's a great author.
So anyhow...still need to photograph some art but here's some more summer photos, many from our trip to North Carolina which seems like forever ago. I do have TONS of art to show you too. Please be patient.
The very NORTH of the Outer Banks, beyond Corolla, are the wild horses. We took a jeep adventure trip to check them out. hat was a worthwild thing to do, just to see this part of the Outer Banks.
Here's 2 of the horses we saw with a cattle egret on one's back.
Lighthouses! This is the Cape Hatteras lighthouse viewed through a window of a building on the grounds.
Ocracoke Lighthouse and my lovely hubby.
Bodie Island Lighthouse. You can't go up this one or Ocracoke. There's 1 more lighthouse in Corolla that we saw but didn't stop at. It is plain brick.
The stairs going down the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, since you can climb that one and we did, all 260ish (maybe 257) steps.
And this is the view from the top of the actual point at Cape Hatteras.


No comments: