Wednesday, August 31, 2011

the work week is half way over

So today we have freshmen orientation day at school. Shouldn't be too bad and I will say that work is eazing itself in. But I am tired at night, a bit at least. It is from getting up-a little earlier each day and also not being outside. I do miss my morning walks, and my time in the sun. That's because I get cooped up inside at school. Not too big of complaints though, especially since I have Friday off and it is suppose to be beautiful. YAHOO! Plus I am not staying really late this week at work..those days will be here soon enough.
I like this card. I started with a base of pink cardstock and then took a piece of torn watercolorpaper and stamped a rose background (I believe Stampa Rosa) and then washed the whole background with some pink watercolors...just a light wash as you can tell. And I took a light green Copic marker to color in the leaves. Then I stamped the dragonflies, bee and butterflies (all Hero Arts) and colored them also with Copics. I added the twig-which is from one of those K and Co. packages. Then I stamped the saying twice, once on the card and once on some clear acetate, cut out the acetate and match it to the writing underneath and glue it down. I like to do that because it makes the black words so very distinctly black and visable. I also restamped the glittery butterfly on white paper, colored it and glued it down over the one below it to make it pop up a bit. I also added some glitter to it using some Spica gel pens. Fina 2 steps, I added the twine and then I put some tiny Viva orange dimensional dots in the corners.
I hope you get out and enjoy some of your day in sun...do it for me!


No comments: