Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bear Hugs

This morning I bring you a fun card using Cornish Heritage Farms Kim Hughes stamps and some of Kim Hughes own company (Paper Smooches) stamps. This card was quick and easy but makes a fun card. I started with white cardstock which I left plain white. Then I die cut the circle using this brown with purple-blue polka dots. (Maybe that's why the card has a blue-ish tint to it.) Then using a CHF Kim Hughes camping/outdoors set, I stamped the bear on white paper, then I colored him and cut him out. I attached him to the die cut. I stamped the words (from the same set as the bear) and then used some Paper Smooches stamps to stamp the checkered hearts, which I then colored. Finally, I added some red Ranger Dimensional Pearls to the edge of the die-cut.
So yesterday it was just way too HOT, and today is suppose to be just a tad bit cooler. You know, if it was August and I was home I would relish this beach weather, but since I'm in a third floor classroom and since they don't run the AC very much, it is just TOO hot to motivate kids. Yesterday my afternoon classes were kind of NOT motivated and it was driving me nuts...but it is a new day and that can make all difference. Sometimes I think the kids are crazy on Monday because they all come in and want to de-load about their weekends.
The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook: 150 Delicious Recipes Using Only Foods from the World's Greatest Grocery Store
So when I got paid Friday I ordered this cookbook from Amazon's used sellers and it arrived last night. Now I have all these new recipes I want to try like sweet potato, cranberry and pecan salad.  That recipe sounds so yummy to me and with fall supposedly here, it sounds just like the right meal for one night. Got to check out some of the other yummy ideas in there too.
Thanks for visiting and hope it is a good day for you (and me too)!

No comments: