Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chilly Saturday Morning

Took a great little walk this morning after sleeping in LATE, both of which I really needed. This past week at work, now that I look back, wiped me out. (And next week doesn't look all that much quieter-erggg!) I did enjoy having no one around last night night-Kate and Brian off the the Rochester Fair and Dave had a work related charity auction to go to (and he bid and won us 2 tickets to Nascar in Louden next weekend-I'm excited, I've never been before, plus he won them for a small amount which helps this museum...it's all good as he'd say). So I did go to my favorite craft store down in Massachusetts after work yesterday-Absolutely Everything, and spent more money than I should have, but I did restrain myself too. I wanted some fall embossing folders (buy 1, get one 1/2 off) and some sticky back canvas, and I got a new Penney Black holiday stamp I loved, 2 packs of Darcie's clear beach stamps, and some marked down paint. I love poking through their 60% mark down table...those unexpected discoveries are always GOOD. Last night When Harry Met Sally was on tv, couldn't find the dvd of it in my cabinet so I had to stick with the tv and all those commercials -egggg, but that flick is in the top 5 of my most favorite movies ever, and even though all the commercials bugged me, it was great to watch it. Haven't seen it for a couple of years and it is STILL as good as the last 10 or so times I've watched it.
So today I have the front of a card for you that I made back during the week. I was using one of the techniques I practiced from my on-line cardclass at Inspiration Showcase. I stamped glossy cardstock with Versa Mark and an Impression Obsession backgrounder stamp. Then I used 2 shades of Cat's Eye chalk inks and colored it.  I love this technique (in fact- I'm loving all I'm learning in this class). Then I die cut an oval on white paper and stamped this new Inkadinkado girl on it. She's great! On the inside of the card I stamped another new Inkadinkado stamp that says It doesn't have to be Halloween to be freaky. Anyhow, back to the front. I colored her with Copics, attached, and then outlined the oval in black Sharpie to act like a thin frame.  I then glued down a piece of pink paper across the paper and then put some Tim Holtz tape over that. I then used some more of those Hero Arts circles that I love and stamped 3 rings which I colored in and put yellow Viva dots along them and in the corners. This whole card is mounted on yellow cardstock, which you can't see here.
So I am thinking about challenging myself to make and post 31 Halloween cards in October. That's a lot of cards...not sure I can actually do that and do some other things I want to do, but I will put it down in writing and challenge myself.
I like to give myself challenges and goals...it helps direct me.
What about you?
Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend and do something fun or creative, ok?

No comments: