Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

This morning at the lake ---when we went up to visit Katie at work. It was CHILLY but calm and pretty. We got the call at 7:15 that her paperwork was missing (most likely put away with Irene coming through last weekend) and she needed us to run her up some paper and a writing utensil. But it was worth rolling out of bed and going over for the view, I think. (and of course we got to visit Miss Katie too!)
So here in the US we are in our Labor Day long weekend.  The end of the summer season and the start of fall...school is rolling almost everywhere now and the leaves are actually getting a slight tinge...you can see a few here and there starting to change (though we're still several weeks away from that), apples are getting ready to be picked, nights are cooler and the days are substantially shorter.
We don't have much for plans this weekend- I was also off yesterday and it was gorgeous yesterday! I slept late!!!! Took a fantastic morning walk!!!! Made cards!!!! and then went up to my mother-in-laws on her lake and sat in the sun, took a swim and helped her clean out the debris from Irene that had gotten jammed in and around her dock. I even had a fire in my chiminea out on my deck- though it was COLD last night but I sat out for a bit with Leo cat and looked at ALL the stars- and there was a lot out there. No one else would come out since they said it was TOO cold. To bad they missed ALL those stars.
So speaking of night time and stars, here's one of the card I made to send to Katie at college. I started with some yellow-orange card stock and stamped little white stars all over the center of it (Kim Hughes July 4th set from CHF). Then I stamped the owl (KIm Hughes for CHF) in black on white paper and colored it with Copics. I added in the dotted area in the middle and then I used Spica glitter markers to give it some umph. I cut out the owl and set it aside one moment. I use the woohoo and XO stamps from the Kim Hughes/Paper Smooches Chubby Chums set and then added some little brownish circles from a Hero Arts clear set of circles. I glued down the owl and using Viva dmensional dot tubes I created the branch for the owl to sit on. I especially like the background on this card- the owl and branch I'm not sure I LOVE they way they came out but I'm most likely being too picky. Katie will love it when she gets it in her school mailbox especially since we have our pair of owls around here that "hoo" a lot of nights.
Hope you have a great weekend, whether it is Labor Day or NOT!

No comments: