Saturday, October 15, 2011

More Halloween Cards and...

And today we go get Dave's new car and tomorrow we get to take it to the Cape. Yahoo!! It is a BUSY weekend but there it is, and it is what it is. I brought home way too many papers to grade but with this trip to the Cape Sunday, maybe I can look at it as grading time.
Maybe...
So here's the cards I said I'd show you.
Today we have 2 different trick or treating witches. This card above started with brown cardstock and a grey spider web I cut from a Cheery Lynn die. I also used a Sizzix die to cut the square of lined paper, and on it I stamped the witch girl (Red Lead). I colored in the eyes of the Jack-o-Lantern with a Spica pen. I also distressed the edges of the square and added the spider (Hero Arts) though I needed to draw in the web string he's hanging from. The saying is from the same Red Lead set as the girl, I just stamped it onto a Nestabilities die cut banner, which I also distressed.  Then I added the orange owl (a die cut from Cottage Cutz), and made its eyes that glow in the dark yellow. Finally, I added some black Viva dimensional dots.
 Here's a close up of the saying.
Now this card is very different, but still it is a trick or treat witch girl  I started with green cardstock and added some torn orange cardstock, and then distressed it all. I also added a pirce of orange paper going vertically down the paper and added my black Viva dimensional dots. While drying, I stamped Nether (Stampotique) on white twice and colored the images. I added Nether and then added a double face, shirt and shoes just to give it some pop-though you can't tell here. And I stamped the kitty (Stampotique) twice-once on the card and once on paper. The tail and 1 back leg are stamped on the card and not on the paper...which ocne again you can't really tell. The hat and trick-or-treat bag are from Hero Arts. The words-good question. The wild thing is an ancient stamp of mine and I stamped it onto a tag I stamped (Artistic Outpost Apothecary set) that was suppose to be used on something else but wasn't. I added the Happy Haunting (Hero Arts) just because it seemed to belong there.
So there you have it, 2 very different witches going out for Candy. Which on would you prefer to ring your doorbell?
Oh yes, and today is my 23rd wedding anniversary.
And it falls on a Saturday just like the day we got married. We had a beautiful fall wedding-very New England country in an old farmhouse resaurant with the prime rib roasting on the fireplace and leaves drifting down on a mostly sunny day.
Hard to believe it has been that long when I can remember it so clearly...
I was 28 then...
And now...
We just won't discuss that right now.
Thanks for the visit.
Enjoy your weekend.


No comments: