Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A couple of mosaic cards

You've heard of regifting? Well I am recarding. I punched up some older cards I didn't particulary like and came up with these 2 cards-as well as a bunch of other cards. It was a fun exercise AND I enjoy the challenge.  No waste that way. The ultimate recyling you could say.
The top card is about as simple as you can get. I used 3 punched inchies...
They were all stamped with images from Oxford Impressions Casablanca set and some blue/brown images from Technique Tuesday's Casablanca set. Three punched butterflies were added (Martha Stewart) and then a saying from Dylusions stamps. On the butterflies I aded some bronze Viva dimensional dots and I drew in the antennae.
The 3 inches on the bottom card are made using the same stamp sets (since they came off the same card.)  I basically layered a strip of blue paper, added some strips of paper tape...the inches...some little shiny heart stickers...stamped the postmark from Autumn Leaves and added the little Making Memories love tag with a tiny brad.
Once again, you can't get any simpler than that.
And I got 2 new cards from the 1 I started with.
So this week has been me get ready for the craftsfair this weekend. I've been working in front of the tv after I get home from school...I get home, change into my sweats, make a cup of tea and  put on vintage Christmas film DVDs-

Have you seen them? They are classic holiday films...romantic comedy musicals...so anyhow, they go on and I work on the floor in front of the tv...
Then I work until Dave gets home. Actually, it has been pretty relaxing. No one to bug me but the cat and the dog...and after doing this for 2 nights I am in pretty good shape. Works for me.
So it is hump day, already!!!!  And the last day of November, already! Wow! Still very warm here in in NH-though that is suppose to change. Week is flying by.

No comments: