Monday, November 7, 2011

When another Monday rolls around

It is Monday morning. Another weekend has ended, already! My body clock is off since we changed clocks and it feels an hour later than usual, but at night, it is pitch dark shortly after 5. Means if I get home late from work I will be coming home in the dark. That is dreary.
 But this week is choppy for me, exams today and tomorrow. No school Friday for Vetran's Day. New classes start Wednesday and I have ecology which will hopefully be 2 fun groups. Should fly by, I think.
Yesterday I made 7 great cards. Still need to get photos of them. I wasn't in the mood when I started for creating whimsical cards but quickly got into the swing of it and had fun for a couple of hours. Playing with a bunch of Paper Smooches stamps. They are a lot of fun.
I also did a bit of cooking yesterday too. One thing I made was a big pot of beef stew in my crock pot which is for dinner tonight...love coming home and having a hot meal all cooked for me, especially on nights like this which will be dark so early and feel so much later than it is. I know, I know, I'll get used to the time change.
And today Christmas Card Makers Bootcamp starts on-line. I'm hoping it will be a great class.
Plus I purchased my first groupon yesterday...for French lessons on-line with Babel.com. I am excited to have some fun new November activities.
I made this card last weekend when we had 16 inches of snow on the ground. I sent it to Katie and she got a kick out of it. All stamps are from Paper Smooches. I started by stamping some snowflakes in white from the Snowdudes set all over the blue cardstock background. I stamped the snowman (also SnowDudes) on white paper. The toucan is from the bird set Kim released in October. It is such a fun set, and you can add the snow hat which was one of the stamps in the set. I also added some strips of white paper on the bottom of the card to be the snow background. Then I colored every stamped image with Copics, cut them out and then attached them onto the card. I finally used some white flocking powder on the bottom to make it look snowy...maybe I used a tad too much but I like how it gives some textural element to the card. Finally, I used the alphabet set, Alphadots, to write out my saying, which is something I think a lot of New Englanders were thinking last weekend with that wintery weather.
Thanks for visiting.


1 comment:

dstandard said...

Oh wow this is just adorable!