Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Getting Closer

The weekend is getting closer! Are you ready for the holidays (if you celebrate Christmas that is) yet?
I need to finish a few things- but looks like it might be another year that I don't send out any cards. I just don't enjoy writing them, and when you're busy...well it is last on my list. And I am at the point where I say what gets done gets done, what doesn't, doesn't. I've had enough with stress from work to want to add anything more to it-especially for a time that is suppose to be fun and enjoyable.
So I finally photographed some art to show you. Here's one of my Tim's tags-or my version. It did photograph nicely too. I started with an oaktag tag that I rubbed a green ink pad over unevenly. Then I used Tim Holtz's pine branch stamp  and stamped it in dark green. I had some Hambly thick acetate which I embossed with Tim's December embossing folder and then I attached that to the tag, I then added an ornament which I die cut (Sizzix die). I used aqua glitter cardstock and also some silver cardstock. I punched out 2 deer (Martha Stewart) and added a small plastic gem heart. Plus I aded a little white yarn through the ornament top. The JOY tag is made from the inside piece of another die cut-One of Tim Holtz's tag's, and I inked it in the same green as the tag base and then used a Hero Arts stamp for the word. Finally I die cut 2 white snowflakes from Cheery Lynn Designs.
Here's one more piece of art to show you, another tage I made.
On a white tag that I cut with Tim Holtz's Sizzix tag die, I stamped his Christmas vintage background stamp in black. I left this tag black and white for the background. The I stamped some green holly leaves with green glitter embossing powder, just a bit to sneak out but it really didn't show up all that well. So I taped down the red ribbon and using a Darcy's stamp set I stamped the poinsettia stamp on red paper. I cut out and layered 3 layers of this flower and added some yellow Viva Paint pen dots in the center. Using the same Darcie's stamp set I stamped the holly leaves on dark green and cut them out and then attached them. Finally I added one of Mellisa Frances' holiday flash cards, a bit of green baker's twine tied into a bow and some silver Viva Paint Pen dots along the bottom.
So do you have any winter weather yet? No snow here or even any looks like it is coming in the near future, but it sure is cold. Yesterday mowning it was 8 degrees-BRRRR! It even felt bitter during the day and the temperature had gone up a bit.  BRRRR!  Makes you get cold to the bone it does. But HA-HA- seriously, they say it'll be about 50 by the end of the week.
Wacky New England weather. Looks like we'll wrap up the 2010 school year with not snow days this month.
Hope your day is merry and bright...
and warm!!!

No comments: