Saturday, December 17, 2011

An Oldie but a Goodie

I spent a good chunk of my day in both cities...actually in 1 building that straddles both cities- The Boston Museum of Science with my biology class. A good day and fun was had by all. A good way to end a long work week.

Here's a 1 layer  Christmas card made just from stamping images on white paper and attaching the white design onto a card made from dark green cardstock. I made this card a year or 2 ago...not exactly sure how long ago it was. Maybe even 3 years ago. I LOVE using this  North Pole map image from the no longer in business stamp company- Toybox. I think it is a great Christmas stamp-maybe because I just find maps so interesting and of course the North Pole is home of Santa. Anyhow, that image is stamped first in brown ink. Then I stamped in the black the old fashioned flying Santa. I honestly don't know who made that stamp. But this is one of my favorite vintage Santa sleigh and reindeer stamps. Then I added 3 other stamped images. One is the green holly image going up the left side. I used green ink and red Sakura jellyroll pen to make all the little smudgy dots. I think this stamp is from a clear set of Hampton Art Stamps. Then I stamped the postmark and the saying. I think the postmark is from the same set as the holly.It is a clear stamp set...maybe someone knows for sure since I just have the set but not the wrapping that it came in. As I said, it has been a long time since I made this card.
Oh yeah, and then I distressed this card with a bit of brown ink and a stipple brush.
Anyhow...busy Saturday ahead.
Enjoy your day!


No comments: