Sunday, February 19, 2012

More weird Karma

So here's a scrap journal page and the close up below it. I love this page...simple but to me, really speaks to a sunny summer day on the ferry. I think the leaving the background plain white works for me. I like the clean lines...which I guess really are my favorite, but then some photos just don't call for clean lines the same way. The photo colors are pretty crisp and I wanted to recreate those on the page. I started by attaching the photo on a diagonal, then put down some red Martha Stewart paper tape. It was in a set of Valentin'es tape I bought a year or 2 ago. I used some scrap paper for the blue wave-I used a Sizzix strip die to cut out a ric rac style curve and this was one of the left over edges. Then I used some Darcie's clear stamps and some Vermillion and some aqua Ranger ink. I cut out eh flags and attached them...the red rope and the saying stamps are also from Darcie's.
So yesterday was another weird day like Friday afternoon...even though I did a few chores and had a few productive studio hours my ambition wasn't very much and Dave and I were both in this indecisive mode...is there something going on in the atmosphere that's throwing off my mood?
Hmmm.
I appreciate you stopping by.

No comments: