Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Art Books

Creative Foundations: 40 Scrapbook and Mixed-Media Techniques to Build Your Artistic Toolbox
Stopped by my fav craft store this afternoon (was such a nice day I just didn't want to go home and be stuck inside because of the black flies). I picked up this book. I really like it. It is all about techniques-things I really want to try on my vacation!!!!! They're simple-don't need anything too complex...a few are ones I had heard of before, and many I have seen on blogs, but it is NICE to have them all together in one handy useful book.
Traditional Scandinavian Knitting (Dover Knitting, Crochet, Tatting, Lace)
And this book I ordered from Amazon a few weeks back (I really must stop buying craft books). I had seen it in Barnes and Nobel and decided it was something I wanted since I am into traditional knitting. And these are the kind of patterns I LOVE. Not any specific item patterns-like how to make this sweater- but it is full of traditional knitting designs. Kind of a historical book, not a pattern book. I really like it. 
That's my latest book reviews.
Hope they  help you out. 

No comments: