I made some hanging images...springy ones...that I hung from the light over my table. I am pretty happy with how these came out. The colors are good and how they look...really perk up my dining room.
I started on all of these by using my Sizzix die cuts. I cut some out of watercolor paper, some out of cardboard and some from tag stock. I used spray ink on some, Viva rubbing paint (Viva Gold) on some, and I rubbed some of them with VersaMark and then embossed a few others.
The top flower (front and back) with the fortune cookie prediction on it was painted with Viva Gold in pink with a big cloth Prima flower in the middle. I added lots of Viva Paint Pen to make all the dots on the flowers, and I added some painted bingo dots onto each petal. I used a white pen to doodled around the petals. Lastly I used some thin pretty fabric leaves. I love them-they are delicate and see through.
For the bird I used watercolor paper and then used Adirondack raisin spray to solidly color the bird. To give the bird a bit of a sheen I sprayed some white Tattered Angels spray...just enough to perk up the purple-ish background. The wings are colored first with a Copic marker, then covered in clear Viva Paint Pen and finally some hot pink Stickles. I added a little charm on the connecting edge of the wing (they are not attached on both sides). The branch is made out of cardboard...it actually the branch the forms the bottom of Tim Holtz's new bird on branch die. I sniped off the bird and attached this bigger bird onto the legs. I did cover the branch in both brown Copic and some rusty steel colored Viva metallic rub.
I made the green leaves by ripping the petals off some Prima paper flowers in green-I think they really worked out perfect.
The final flower for today is made from cardboard and colored with Viva Gold pink colored paint rub. The middle section are die cuts on brown and pink sparkley paper. (All 3 die cuts are from one Big Sizzix die for the flower album. The leaves are also made of cardboard and covered with green Viva Gold paint rub. They are also a Sizzix die.
To make the butterfly I used a CheeryLynn die and the angel wing background also. The background is on black cardstock. The delicate wings are cut from glossy paper which I colored with alcohol inks before I cut out the butterfly. Then I glued the 2 together and added some aqua colored Stickles.
Finally I added in some pins with some white beads at the top- I think they were from Maya road.
I had a blast making them!
Have a great Wednesday- this is the very last day of third quarter-I can't believe tomorrow we start 4th quarter which means summer is just getting closer and closer. And I love summer since it means I am on vacation!
Speaking of vacation...I am on the count down since I have a week off pretty soon. 2 1/2 weeks to go!
Thanks for stopping by!