Thursday, September 27, 2012

A few More Scrap Journal Pages

So I haven't been very good at working on my summer scraps journal...Like last night. After a grey day at work, I lounged on the couch, read a bit and watched Back to the Future. What a great old movie that is, but the scary thing is, I remember when that movie came out all those many years ago. 
It can't possibly that long ago, can it?
So before I go off on a tangent,
here's a few pages I have done recently.
This page is a kind of overview page of the last week of my summer vacation.
I made this page by using a stencil and a few different colors of spray ink. It muddied up a bit, but I made up for that but die cutting these color flowers from Quickutz/Life Style Crafts and then spraying them pink. Finally I punched out some scalloped circles and journaled and then added them to the page.
And while we are on some bright scrap journal pages, here's another one I did, kind of an inner title page.
I started by painting the green  doily shape with a Crafter's Workshop stencil, then I used some orange watercolor paint-finally I die cut the letters with the big Sizzix letters die from Tim Holtz- then I painted them the same green. Once dry, I gave them a qucik spritz of Dylusions blue spray ink. 


Here's what the whole page looks like.
I thought about outlining the the green edges to make them smooth and pretty but then I thought again.
I left the messy green edges because I like them. I didn't really want this page to look pretty and finished. I thought the green mess looked more like splashes. And I like the white on the very edge of the paper, because  think it makes the color pop. That's what I was going for on this page, lots of color. Popping color.
I know, lots of you won't like that and just think it is a mess. But you can disagree and do what you want in your own scrap-journal.
So glad you stopped by.
Have a great day.

No comments: