Saturday, September 8, 2012

A little of this and that

An only so-so  weather Saturday-rain coming in later today-which is ok with me. I don't feel so guilty lounging on the couch or playing in the studio...and I am ready for a low key weekend.
A couple of books on my horizon.
First of all, a new art book.
I get into the sewing mood and I love textile arts. I still have a lot to learn though, and this book it teaching me some great new tricks. 
Connecting Design to Stitch
And then
here's my latest bedside book.

A Trick of the Light: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novels)
I really like this detective series. It is set in Quebec and I want to go to this little town where most of the murders happen. It sounds like my kind of place. Detective Gamache is one good detective too.
And here's a simple card I made recently.  I need to make a bunch since I am now sending cards off to my daughter at college...so I seem to make a pile and they are gone just like that. I'm not sure I like how this card photographed-it looks much brighter in real life. I used this fun British beach image by British designer Michael Powell.
I added some Viva Gold sand paint-love to use it since it actually leaves a bit of sand on the card. Plus a bit of shine too!
Wish it photographed better.
Oh well.
Have a great day and a great weekend.





No comments: