Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fabulous

Here's another card from my card making sessions last weekend. 
Boy that seems like a long time ago.
I started with this pale orange card stock base and this bright pinkish embossed layer. I rubbed a bit of orange ink on the embossed circles, just to make them pop.
I also outlined the pink layer with a darker orange marker and then used a black thin line Sharpie to doodle the little circles along this orange marker line.
Then I die cut this butterfly (Sizzix) which is sprayed with some orange Dylusions spray ink. Then I stamped it with a typewriter words background stamp.
This close up shows the texture here a bit more. I added some pink Stickles and some orange Viva paint pen.
The Fabulous word is from a Hero Arts card sentiment set and I die cut the little horizontal banner-then I popped that up with some little foam stickies.
So the other day I bought a bunch of new acrylic paints at Michael's-they were having a sale on Liquitex paints-3 for $10. Wanted some bright colors-think my altered book and Julie Fei-Fan class has only pushed my color choices a bit further than they already were. I bought bright pink, green, orange...hoping to get home and get some play time today since my play time is very limited this week. Of course, I have to go back to the dentist again today after school.
What a week.
Maybe will have something new to show you soon. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: