Monday, October 8, 2012

Columbus Day

Happy Columbus Day. 
It is also my former college room mate Lorrie's birthday.
 Happy Day to her!
I have today off from work which is fantastic. We have to move the boat home today, which won't take too long but the marina closes today for boat traffic so the boat needs to come home.
And the temperatures have dropped off-we're in the 50's only, so we won't be going boating, that's for sure.
So you can see my shadowbox project which I finished off on Saturday. 
I used a Tim Holtz Configurations box but pulled out all the inner boxes. 
Here you can see a close up.
I used a bunch of paint, some die cuts, some chipboard shapes, black fringe, plastic skeleton hands,
metal and glass skeleton head beads and a Tim Holtz doll fragment.
Die cuts include-
Sizzix Sizlets-circles
Spellbinders Nestabilities-Tombstones
Memory Box-House
Sizzix-Tim Holtz' -bare treem (Minus a few branches)
I am happy with the way the sky around the moon is much brighter (as it would really be) than the rest of the inner box. You can see that too.
I also lined the box with some print tissue paper which you can see pretty well in the photo above.
You can see the bottom of my box here. Some skeleton head beads, tombstones, some black confetti leaves and branches. Little paper  pumpkins.
So this box was new art adventure for me. I don't usually do 3D projects like this. It made me think about techniques in ways I don't usually think about them.  I figured things out and even came up with some ideas for other projects, plus ways I can use what I learned doing this for other projects too.
I'm not sure my box came out exactly how I hoped it would, but one thing you figure out quick about doing art, part of the fun is seeing where you do end up, and usually it is never even close to where you expect that to be.
Still, pretty happy with most of the final result.
So what has been your latest art adventure?




No comments: