Sunday, October 21, 2012

More Halloween Art for You

Back today with a few more shots from my Halloween altered book. I haven't worked much on it lately...my brain has started to move onward in the art department, but I also don't feel I need to finish it by Halloween. Even if it doesn't get done this year, I can pick it up and finish it next year or some other time the spooky world starts to speak to me.
This page combines some painted background-orange and grey streaks, and then a strip of black card stock, over which I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil (my favorite one- Circle Explosion) and purple acrylic paint. Have gotten into Liquitex tubes lately- you can get them for a good price when Michael's has them on sale and the colors are so bright and vibrant.
Then I added the bat die cut tag which is finished off a bit with the white penned edge and the black Viva paint-pen dots. The vintage looking owl on the pumpkin is from October Afternoon and I stamped the witch hat (Martha Stewart), cut it out and added it. Saying is a sticker from October Afternoon.
Here's a another page in which I employed a technique I learned at a Tim Holtz class last spring. I used some aluminum tape (the kind you by at Lowe's or Home Depot) and some tools to give it some texture. I also added some black and brown ink to ink-just took a make up sponge and some ink pags and rubbed them on. The black gives it definition and depth and I like the brown because it gives it a little rusty feel.
The witch is just a Sizzix Tim Holtz die cut with black card stock-I say just a witch but I do love her look. The silhouette is perfect, don't you think?  The words are from a stamped image that I cut apart. But thank you Shakespeare for writing them in the first place. What would Halloween be without them?
Another view.
You can see the rusty effect better here,  also the layered pieces of tape and the words too.
I also used a left over cardboard ring that some 7Gypsies paper tape came on and painted the edge with black acrylic and then used it as a stamp on the page.
That's what I have to show you today.
Thanks for visiting.




No comments: