Monday, December 17, 2012

A Positive Things About Snow

It makes it seem SOOO Christmasy!!!
And it is almost the holidays...just this week to get through.
Is your shopping done?
Gifts wrapped?
Tree up?
We're in for a grey wet week- don't know if we'll have a lot of snow or it will be a mix of snow and rain. Right now we have a bit of snow coming down here, and there's a bit on the ground from yesterday...Waiting to hear if I get delayed but I am not holding my breath.
ps-Yup- a delay- came in really late-was just about to go get dressed!
And here's a few snippets from my holiday journal.
The JOY word is from a foamy placemat I found at the Crate and Barrel outlet for like $1.29. It is lots of holiday words and I can easily cut them out with a pair of scissors.
You can see it better here. I used this fun card from October Afternoon-the ticket is from them too, and I stamped the postmark (Technique Tuesday) and added this pins I discovered lost in the back of my stash from Making Memories.
\
Then I added these felt reindeer I also added the glitter letters.
And here's a page I don't think is quite finished yet. Not quite sure what it needs to finish it off yet though.

This page started with blue paint and then silver paint stenciled in spots over that. I stenciled the deer using a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cut left over which makes a great stencil. And  used some Viva white soft modeling cream to make the snowflakes. Hmmm, but what do I add? Any suggestions?

And finally, one more peek into my holiday journal.
This isn't much of a page-at least not much an artistic edgy design scheme. It is more just a window shopping photo and some October Afternoon  words. Christmas words at that!
That's all for today. Hope you have a great Monday.







No comments: